Due to concerns surrounding the spread of COVID-19, scheduled live auditions will not take place. Instead, YSKC will utilize online video auditions for the 2020-2021 season. The deadline for videos to be submitted is 12:00 PM (CST) Saturday, September 19, 2020. Your videos can be uploaded through this form.
Please note: All students auditioning must register and pay for their audition BEFORE submitting this form and videos. If you have not done so please visit https://youthsymphonykc.org/auditions/auditions-2/
If you have already registered you do not need to register/pay again.
Instructions for recording and submitting your audition videos:
- Videos can be made using a cell phone, computer or other audio/video device. Please make sure to test audio quality before recording and eventual submission.
- Each student auditioning will be required to submit two separate videos. One video will include your solo piece of choice and the other will include the required excerpt of your choice. (Harpists will submit only one video containing one of the two solo pieces located in the harp audition packet).
- Upload your videos to You Tube and mark as UNLISTED (not private).
- You will provide the You Tube links below.
- It is highly recommended that you test your You Tube links by having at least 2-3 other individuals open and check for you.
- The audition proctor must be able to see you performing your audition. Please do not play behind a music stand, screen, participation or wall.
- No verbal communication is allowed on your video. Please do not identify yourself or speak during the recording process. Students verbalizing or talking in any form during their videos will be disqualified.
- Audition requirements for your instrument may be found at https://youthsymphonykc.org/auditions/auditions-2/
All YSKC auditions are blind.
Judges will not see the computer screen as audition videos are evaluated and adjudicated.
The audition process will be proctored.
Only the audition proctor will actually see your performance and/or know your identity.
Video audition submissions are final and cannot be changed or exchanged.
Audition results will be posted on the YSKC webpage by September 26th.
You will receive an email when results are posted.
First rehearsals will begin on October 4, 2020.
All orchestra/ensemble placements are final.
Audition scores, outcomes and judge comments are not shared or discussed with students, parents or teachers.