Rio Rancho High School Student Parking Pass Procedures & Requirements
Please note that parking on campus is a privilege, and ALL of the following steps must be strictly adhered to:
Step 1: You MUST have a Cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher. In order to determine your Cumulative GPA, you ARE REQUIRED to log on to your PowerSchool Account to verify that you meet this requirement. After logging in, go to the section marked “Report Cards” and scroll to the area that says “Cumulative GPA.”
If it’s 2.0 or higher, you can proceed to Step 2. (Please write your Cumulative GPA on the bottom of your application form---it will be kept confidential.)
Step 2: After you’ve verified your GPA, you will need to see our bookkeeper in the Administration building at RRHS. She will collect the $40 parking fee and give you a receipt. (You may pay either with cash or a check made out to RRHS.)
Step 3: Place the following documents in an envelope, seal it, and then place the envelope in the drop box located at the reception desk in our Administration building:
1. A copy of the Application Form---filled out completely and signed by both parent and student.
2. A photocopy of your driver’s license. (It can be a “provisional” license, but NOT a “restricted” license).
3. A photocopy of your car’s current (not expired)
4. A photocopy of your car’s current (not expired)
5. The receipt you received from the bookkeeper.
All of your documentation will be verified to be certain that everything has been submitted and that you meet the Cumulative GPA requirement. You will receive your Student Parking Permit on your assigned Registration day along with all of your other registration items.
• A legible photo copy of applicant’s driver’s license, current vehicle registration(s) and current proof of insurance must be attached or the permit will be deemed incomplete. Cost is $40.00 for the parking placard. Checks/money orders should be made payable to RRHS. Cost for permit may be reduced during the spring semester. Students must make copies of required documents on their own prior to submission. Replacement permits are subject to a $10.00
• Campus parking is a Students are reminded this privilege may be revoked if you fail to operate your vehicle in accordance with state law and school policy and procedures. Students must maintain a 2.0 cumulative grade point average and have satisfactory attendance to be eligible for parking.
Permits can be revoked for a minimum of 1 (one) week and a maximum of 1 (one) year.
Rio Rancho High School will not be held responsible for any loss, theft or damage to vehicles. Permit applications may take up to 48 hours to initially process. All sections above must be completed or application may not be processed. Incomplete applications will be subject to longer turn-around times and may be returned to the students for completion.
• Speed limit in the parking lot is 10 mph and will be strictly enforced. All vehicles must be registered and insured for authorized parking on campus. Non-registered vehicles or illegally parked vehicles are subject to permit revocation and/or booting. Boot removal fee is $25.00 in addition to any cost incurred in obtaining a valid permit or replacing a damaged boot if applicable. Do not attempt to drive while the boot is Cost of boot replacement is approximately$600.00. Students failing to properly display parking placard on vehicle and are subsequently booted, are subject to a $10.00 boot removal fee.
• As per school board policy, student(s), their personal effects, lockers, desks, and vehicles on school property are subject to These searches may be planned and/or random and do not require parental consent, or presence of a parent. Searches can and may be done with the assistance of canines. If you drive on campus you agree to the terms outlined in the Parking Permit Application and the rules and regulations as outlined in District Policy and Student Agendas. Absolutely no student parking is permitted in the staff parking lot, administrative horseshoe, soccer field north of the school, or the seminary across the street from campus (curbside, mesa, or parking lot). Students must park in assigned areas as per the type of placard issued (Senior, or Underclassman parking). Failure to comply can lead to permit revocation, vehicle booting or other disciplinary action.