I understand and agree that Midnight Farm, its officers, members, employees and agents will not be responsible for any damages to person, animal or property at the Midnight Farm Riding Center or its grounds, nor will they be responsible for any property lost or destroyed. The undersigned rider or parent/guardian hereby releases Midnight Farm, its officers, members, employees and agents from any and all liability, claims and damages, injuries, or losses to their person or property during, or in connection with, or arising out of any class, lesson demonstration, show, clinic, event or other function, whether or not such damages, injuries, or losses result directly or indirectly from the negligent act or omission of such released parties.
WARNING: Under Kansas Law (K.S.A. 60-4001 through 60 – 4004), an equine professional is not liable for an injury to, or the death of, a participant in equine activities resulting from the inherent risks of equine activities. Inherent risks of domestic animal activities include, but shall not be limited to:
1. The propensity of domestic animals to behave in ways (i.e., running, bucking, biting, kicking, shying, stumbling, rearing, falling or stepping on) that may result in an injury, harm or death to persons on or around them;
2. the unpredictability of a domestic animal’s reaction to such things as sounds, sudden movement and unfamiliar objects, persons or other animals;
3. certain hazards such as surface and subsurface conditions;
4. collisions with other domestic animals or objects; and
5. the potential of a participant to act in a negligent manner that may contribute to injury to the participant or others, such as failing to maintain control over the domestic animal or not acting within such participant’s ability.
In exchange for the use of property owned by Midnight Farm and other valuable consideration, I agree that my use of the premises and any animals, facilities, or equipment owned by Midnight Farm is at my own risk. I further agree to indemnify and hold harmless Midnight Farm, and its respective officers, members, employees, and agents, from any and all suits, actions, or claims of any type arising from my use of the premises or participation in an equine activity, or of such use or participation by my guest, whether or not such claims result directly or indirectly from the negligent act or omissions of the indemnified parties or otherwise.
Yes, I would like above named person to participate in the Midnight Farm Equestrian Program. If the participant is my child, I have discussed this with the participant’s doctor. I understand that NO LIABILITY can be accepted by any organization concerned with this instruction, including Midnight Farm, in the event of any accident that may occur.
No person can be accepted for participation in the Midnight Farm Equestrian Program until this form has been completed by the parent(s)/ guardian. If the person is of legal age (18), he or she may complete the form if he or she is legally competent to do so. All activities will be under strict supervision and, although every effort will be made to avoid any accident, NO LIABILITY can be accepted by any of the organizations concerned, including Midnight Farm.
I acknowledge that any involvement with horses is a high-risk activity. I have read this notice and release of liability and fully understand and agree with its content. No refunds.