There are a number of things to check if labor is not being met. This should be a focus of your meeting if labor is currently not in line:
Questions and what to check:
- Is the budget sheet available and being filled out daily? If so are sales being met? If no adjust budget sheet
- Look at the 3 reasons labor isn't being met
- Review Labor Pre and Post Review Documents. GM should understand how this works.
- Using Post Review, how accurate are the projections? Strong Hourly PROJECTIONS are critical to a great schedule. What % are the schedules accurate? Does the GM understand how this works and where the numbers come from?
- If schedules are being done correctly use ETP w/ scheduled to see why the difference. Look at "minutes lost"
- The purpose of the weekly profit meeting is to figure out the problem before the month ends or it's too late. Dig Deep into this item. If labor isn't being met, this is the #1 issue with PAC.