How to fix teams camera by using a web browser
Alternatively, if nothing seems to resolve the issue, and you need to attend a meeting immediately, you can use the web version of Microsoft Teams.
To start a meeting with Microsoft Teams on the web browser, use these steps:
1. Open Microsoft Teams on the web.
2. Sign in with your credentials.
3. Click the Use the web app instead option.
4. Select the organization (if applicable).
5. Click the Continue button.
6. Click on Chat.
7. Select the contact from the right pane.
8. Click the video call button in the top-right corner.
9. Click the Allow button in the notification to let the browser access the camera.
After you complete the steps, you should be able to use the camera and microphone on Microsoft Teams calls.
Although using the web version of Teams may be an alternative option when dealing with problems using the desktop application, it is also important to configure the browser settings to make sure the camera and microphone work correctly.
For example, on Microsoft Edge, you can use these steps:
1. Open Microsoft Edge.
2. Click the Settings and more (three-dotted) menu.
3. Click the Settings option.
4. Click on Cookies and site permissions.
5. Click the All sites option.
6. Click the Microsoft.com (for Teams) option.
7. Quick note: If you do not see the Microsoft Teams option, the site has permissions to the microphone and camera.
Use the "Camera" settings and select the Allow option.
8. Use the "Microphone" settings and select the Allow option.
If you use Google Chrome, the camera settings are available on Settings > Privacy and security > Site settings.
Or if you use Mozilla Firefox, the settings are available on Options > Privacy & Security > Permissions.